Wednesday, November 5, 2008

When the sun comes up in the morning

Nancy and I will still be married. We will still be two women who love each other and nothing anyone does can ever change that.

It's not over. There are still things that can be done, law suits to be filed and a fight to be fought.

Am I happy that my state cares more about chickens than my rights?* No, of course not. But I am happy that my friends did their best; many gave money to the No on 8 campaign as wedding presents and many more voted against it. It means a lot.

And for the haters out there, the ignorant and the stupid, the people who voted for discrimination? I'm sorry. It must be hard living your life in so much fear.


*Prop 2, which is all about humane standards for confining farm animals is passing with a very healthy margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment